Below are some relevant publications including book chapters and papers (go to my page on academia.edu for more information and links to publications.) The list includes my new guide to using mental imagery in counselling and psychotherapy published by Routledge. You can view a description here on the publishers website. You can also listen here to a talk on the inclusive approach explained in my book (delivered to the Hampstead Psychotherapy Club in November 2015).
I am currently completing a second book (to be published by Routledge in 2019) on the use of mental imagery as a reflective practice for enhancing creative and work-related processes.
- Thomas, V. (2017). ‘Towards a deeper integration of creative methods in counselling: Some thoughts about frameworks for practice’, British Journal of Counselling and Guidance, published online at doi: 10.1080/03069885.2017.1394443
- Thomas, V. (2016). ‘Developing imagination-based methods to enhance researcher reflexivity’, The Psychotherapist, 62, pp 31-32.
- Thomas, V. (2016). Using Mental Imagery in Counselling and Psychotherapy: A guide to more inclusive theory and practice. Oxon: Routledge.
- Thomas, V. (2015). ‘Using mental imagery in counselling’, Therapy Today, 26(10), pp 30-33.
- Thomas, V. (2015). ‘The therapeutic functions of mental imagery in psychotherapy: Constructing a theoretical model’, In S. Goss and C. Stevens (eds.) Making Research Matter: Researching for change in the theory and practice of counselling and psychotherapy. Oxon: Routledge.
- Thomas, V. (2015). ‘Some contemporary issues in psychotherapy training: guest editorial’, The Psychotherapist, 61, pp 4-5.
- Thomas, V. (2014). ‘Drawing on creative reflective practices in counselling research: An example of using mental imagery to enhance researcher reflexivity’, British Journal of Counselling and Guidance, 42(1) pp 43-51.
- Thomas, V. (2010) ‘Interior spectating: Viewing representations of the self in psychotherapy’, in: A. Oddey and C. Wright (eds.) Modes of Spectating. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- Thomas, V. (2009). ‘Using visualisation techniques with cancer patients’ (Abstract only), Online Cancer Education Forum, European Journal of Cancer Care 18(2)